General Practitioner for headspace Nundah
Employer: Work at headspace Nundah
Are you interested in:
- Improving lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Providing full range of health services, including physical and mental health assessments
- Being a part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team
- Developing increased skills in working with young people
If it's yes to the above, and if you want to be part of a fantastic culture creating change in young people's lives then this role is for you!
About the role
headspace Nundah is seeking General Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people 12-25 years of age living with mental ill-health.
As a General Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
As part of our headspace by Stride team you will:
- Provide high standard GP assessments of persons experiencing physical and mental health issues.
- Liaise and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create Mental Health Care Plans for internal referrals, Psychiatrist and Allied Health Services.
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to those accessing headspace Nundah.
- Respond to medical/health concerns presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Encourage and support young people to engage with sexual health and drug and alcohol services as well as preventative health care.
- Have access to Clinical Supervision from our Clinical Manager
- Be well supported by our administration team
The Right Fit
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, and Medicare Australia.
- Liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Level 1 in Mental Health Skills Training
We’re here to Stride. It’s an exciting time to be part of Stride. You may have noticed we’ve recently changed our name from Aftercare to Stride. We began simply to help people find a place to live and work, now we’re leaders in early childhood intervention and working to expand our youth and adult specialist services. That’s meant our brand has evolved too. Stride reflects our focus on the prevention and treatment of mental health conditions – building on the work we do with families and communities to roll out more evidence-based services.
Stride is one of the largest provider's of headspace services in Australia, operating 6 centres across Queensland and New South Wales.
To apply, email headspace.Nundah@stride.com.au outlining your suitability for the available role and attach a copy of your CV. If you would like more information about the role, please get in touch with us on (07) 3370 3900 or at headspace.Nundah@stride.com.au