General Practitioner for headspace Capalaba
Are you interested in:
- Improving lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team,
- Providing full range of health services, including physical and mental health assessments,
- Being a part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team,
- Developing increased skills in working with young people.
If it's yes to the above, and if you want to be part of a fantastic culture creating change in young people's lives then this role is for you!
About the role
headspace Capalaba is seeking General Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people 12-25 years of age living with mental ill-health.
As a General Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
As part of headspace Capalaba's team you will:
- Provide high standard GP assessments of persons experiencing physical and mental health issues,
- Liaise and work with internal and external stakeholders,
- Create Mental Health Care Plans for internal referrals, Psychiatrist and Allied Health Services,
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to those accessing headspace Capalaba,
- Respond to medical/health concerns presented by young people including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate,
- Encourage and support young people to engage with sexual health, preventative health care, as well as alcohol and drug support,
- Have access to Clinical Supervision from our Clinical Lead,
- Be well supported by our administration team.
The Right Fit
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, and Medicare Australia,
- Experience liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders,
- Level 1 in Mental Health Skills Training
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability for the available role and attach a copy of your CV. Contact Papaliitele La'a on 1300 851 274 to discuss this role further.
For more information contact:
Name: Papaliitele La'a
Phone: 1300 851 274