Employer: Flourish Australia
Seeking experienced GPs to join our existing team for an immediate start!
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 years old. This service is designed to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for problems affecting their wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support, and alcohol and other drug services.
Working at a headspace centre gives GPs an opportunity to: – improve the lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team; – provide a full range of health services, with an emphasis on managing mental health problems; – be part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team; and – develop confidence and increased skills in working with young people.
Other benefits include:
- Focus on evidence-based practice; from assessment to appropriate prescribing
- Potential access to a range of supports including supervision and professional development
- Modern fully computerised facilitates with full reception and admin support
- Competitive remuneration with a 100% of MBS billings
- Part-time positions are welcomed
What we are looking for:
- An interest in mental health (particularly early intervention)
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of young people
- To provide a full range of health services including sexual and reproductive health, chronic health management and general health checks
- Be Vocationally Registered and eligible to apply for a Medicare Provider number
- No DWS, or GPs with Medicare moratorium restrictions.
- GPs with an active interest in teaching and training will be highly regarded
What we can offer:
- AGPPAL accredited practice
- Newly built, modern facilities
- A multi-disciplinary team focus with support from onsite Allied Health Practitioners and the receptionist
- Flexible working hours with few limits while you build your practice
- Full administration support including reception, appointment bookings & billing
- Fully computerised medical software with IT support. Training provided on-site
- Fully managed case co-ordination along with regular multi-disciplinary case review
- Accredited GP Registrar training practice
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking youth-focused General Practitioners (fully registered), with an interest in youth mental health, to join headspace services at two established centers in Parramatta (NSW) & Bankstown (NSW).
You will have access to flexible working arrangements and be fully supported by a team consisting of Clinical Lead, Practice Administrator, Intake Team, and Admin and Reception staff.
For more information contact:
Name: Tom Traae - Senior Clinical Manager headspace Services
Phone: 0408 401 343