General Practitioners (GPs)
Seeking experienced GPs to join our existing team for an immediate start
headspace Elsternwick and Bentleigh are seeking motivated and experienced General Practitioners with an interest in youth mental health to work on a part time basis.
headspace is a National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 years old. This service is designed to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for problems affecting their wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support, alcohol and other drug services.
Working at a headspace centre gives GPs an opportunity to: - improve the lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team: - provide a full range of health services with an emphasis on managing mental health problems: - be part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team: and develop confidence and increased skills in working with young people.
Other benefits include:
- Focus on evidence-based practice: from assessment to appropriate prescribing
- Modern fully computerised facilitates with full reception and admin support
- Competitive remuneration with a 100% of MBS billings
- Part-time positions are welcomed
About the Opportunity:
We are seeking youth-focused General Practitioners (fully registered) with an interest in youth mental health to join headspace services at two headspace centres based in Elsternwick and / or Bentleigh.
You will have access to flexible working arrangements and be fully supported by a team consisting of Clinical Lead, Practice Administrator, Intake Team and Reception Staff.
What we can offer:
- A multi-disciplinary team focus with support from onsite Alfred Health Practitioners
- Full administration support including reception, appointment bookings & billing
- Flexible working hours
- Fully computerised medical software with IT support. Training provided on-sit
What we are looking for:
- An interest in mental health (particularly early intervention)
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of young people
- Ability to provide a full range of health services including sexual health, chronic health management and general health checks
- Be Vocationally Registered and eligible to apply for a Medicare Provider number
- No DWS, or GPs with Medicare moratorium restrictions.
For more information contact:
Name: Jane Laidlaw - Centre Manager
Phone: 0403 088 279