headspace Hurstville Mental Health Clinician
headspace Centres act as a one-stop-shop for young people who need help with mental health, physical health, alcohol and other drugs and/or work and study support .
- Part-time opportunity (potential for full-time work also)
- 12 month contract
- Excellent base salary plus super
- Plus Salary Packaging options (up to $15,899 tax free!!)
- Plus meals and entertainment allowance of up to $2,650!
- Plus Leave loading
- Excellent training and development
- Supportive team environment
- Psychological Support Services (PSS) provides evidenced based short term focused psychological intervention/treatment for young people, aged 12-25 years, who have a diagnosable moderate/severe mental illness, or who have attempted, or are at risk of, suicide or self-harm.
- As a PSS clinician you will be responsible for brief and ongoing interventions and the development of collaborative individual care plans to people aged 12 - 25 years.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will participate in the planning and development of services for clients with mental health issues and their families, which are consistent with best practice standards and evidence-based care, and are in line with the strategic direction and vision for headspace.
- You will further contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, developing effective interfaces across programs within the service as well as participating in relevant research activities
- Must have one of the following: Full AHPRA registration as a Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Occupational Therapist or Mental Health Nurse, OR AASW registration as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Mental Health Social Workers - Accredited Mental Health Training & membership with AASW
- Extensive & demonstrated experience providing clinical services to young people (12-25 years)
- Well-developed judgment and evaluation skills demonstrating a working understanding assessment and care planning
- Sound understanding of the public, non-government and private mental health systems and programs and associated non-mental health programs in a community setting
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills showing an ability and sensitivity to work with people who have or are at risk of developing a mental illness
- Proven ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated skills in organisation and time-management, including the ability to work under pressure and balance multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
Founded in 1907, Aftercare is the longest serving national mental health charity. We provide wide range of services supporting people's journeys to social and emotional wellbeing.
Aftercare is a values-driven organisation. Our people are passionate about their work. Our culture is professional, fun, friendly, rewarding and collaborative. We have over 600 staff in 40 locations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
To apply complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Applications will be viewed and actioned upon receipt, with a final closing date for applications on January 19th 2020
For further information please call Keri Walsh on 0432 707 238 or email email@example.com