Mental Health Consultant (Clinical) - QLD
Salary: $70 000 - $90 000
Deadline: 03/06/2020 11:55pm
- Innovation in Education and Youth Mental Health
- $70,000 - $90,000 commensurate with skills and experience
- Generous salary packaging opportunities available, up to the maximum amount
This role can be based in Townsville or Brisbane.
Tell me about the role……
The Mental Health Consultant will support schools through the implementation of the “Be You” Service. You will provide a systems level clinical response, tailored to the individual needs of school communities to prepare for, respond to and recover from suicide. You will support school communities to promote mental health promotion, prevention and early intervention with the goal of improving outcomes for young people and their families.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an experienced, clinically qualified mental health professional providing expert advice and support to primary and secondary schools.
A tertiary qualification in an approved allied health discipline and eligibility for membership with the appropriate professional body is essential.
The finer details….
In return we offer a flexible and dynamic environment where you have the opportunity to truly make a difference to young Australians. Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience, and includes generous salary packaging opportunities.
A full time role with competitive salary ($70,000 - $90,000) plus car allowance and generous salary packaging benefits. Remuneration is dependent on skills and experience. This role requires intra state and interstate travel.
The role is offered until 30 June 2021 in line with our funding term.
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. A Working with Children Check (or State/Territory equivalent) is required for this position.
To apply for the role of Consultant – Be You (Clinical), please click on the 'Apply now' link below, to submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the following three (3) Key Selection Questions. To review the Position Description, please click here. Please limit your response to these questions to no more than 300 words per question.
Key Selection Questions:
1. What is your experience in working with young people with mental health issues, including assessing risk? What is your understanding of how mental health issues impact on young people and their learning?
2. What are some key characteristics in engaging schools in a mental health program, such as Be You? Drawing on your experience and/or observation, describe some of the challenges and opportunities you might face.
3. What are the effects on a school if they have been impacted by a suicide and what actions might a school take to support people who are at risk?
Applications Close: Wednesday 3 June 2020 at 11:55PM
For more information: Please contact Georgina Livingstone, Be You State Manager QLD on 0455 079 803
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role and all current vacancies.
The headspace Reconciliation Action Plan has recently been implemented through a co-design process with employees across the organisation. We are committed to strengthening the voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in everything that we do and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this role and all current vacancies.
For more information contact:
Name: Georgina Livingstone
Phone: 0455 079 803