Senior Youth Access Clinician
Employer: Flourish Australia
Salary: Level 3 (Health Professionals)
- Unique clinical opportunity, working for a sector leading youth organisation
- Realise your professional potential with manageable client loads
- Recovery focused person led service
About the Opportunity
headspace Castle Hill are seeking a full-time Senior Youth Access Clinician with the working hours between Monday-Friday.
In this rewarding role you will be responsible for the provision of clinical mental health services for the youth in Parramatta.
The Senior Youth Access Clinicians will be responsible for:
- Delivering quality, evidence-based recovery focused mental health services including assessments, individualised person-centered planning and coordination, and the delivery of relevant therapeutic interventions
- Identifying and implementing community based activities that will support the social and emotional well being of the individual on their recovery journey
- Offering education and guidance on clinical matters.
Flourish Australia is seeking to employ a proactive and motivated individuals, who enjoy both teamwork and working autonomously. The successful candidates will have significant experience working within the Mental Health sector combined with relevant qualifications.You must also be currently registered, or eligible for registration (National or State) as a Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse or other allied health professional.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
In April 2019, Wentwest (Western Sydney PHN) formally announced their continued support and funding for headspace services in Western Sydney. Specifically, it was announced that Flourish Australia has been selected as the new Lead Agency for the Parramatta and Castle Hill headspace sites!
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. headspace Castle Hill will provide young people with the opportunity to seek help early. headspace brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information they need.
Flourish Australia takes great pride in being one of the largest providers of recovery-oriented services in Australia. We are also a recognised leader in innovative psychosocial support, ensuring that people are at the heart of everything we do. Flourish Australia is dedicated to helping people on their mental health recovery journey. This may be through help finding a home that is safe and secure, assistance with training and getting a job, or encouragement to develop friendships and learn new things.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Why join our team?
You will help young people build their life skills, increase their social inclusion and community participation, and get involved in day-to-day activities and services — all things so often taken for granted. We have a strong commitment to an inclusive and diverse workplace and invite qualified people with lived experience of mental health issues to apply. Flourish Australia welcomes diversity in the workplace and invites people from other communities to apply.
To be successful as a Senior Youth Access Clinician with Flourish Australia, it is essential that you:
- Have a minimum of 2 years clinical experience and have (or are eligible to receive) National or State registration
- Are able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of recovery focused practice
- Are able to demonstrate the importance of, and have a clear and strong understanding of, the value of team work
- Have a clear understanding and/or knowledge of the concept and impact of mental health in the community
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to impart knowledge in a learning environment
- Are able to demonstrate a flexible approach to service delivery
- Have a high degree of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience with report writing and electronic client information management systems.
You must hold a current driver's licence. It is mandatory that applicants have the right to live and work in Australia.
About the Benefits
Working at Flourish Australia will give you access to:
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Generous leave provisions
- Career development opportunities.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
For more information contact:
Name: Aniela Gokiert - Clinical & Operations Manager
Phone: (02) 9393 9800