Youth Reference Group Memeber (SYRG)
Are you aged between 16 and 25 and live in the Nowra/Shoalhaven area? Do you have something to say about youth mental health and wellbeing?
Who can apply?
We are looking for anyone aged between 16 and 25 who is interested in promoting youth mental health and wellbeing in the Nowra/Shoalhaven area.
We want you to apply if:
You have had your own experiences of feeling depressed, anxious or another mental health issue.
You have a friend or family member who has/or had a mental illness or addiction.
You feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues and young people’s health and wellbeing in our community.
You are studying or want to study within the health field at TAFE and or University
headspace Nowra is also keen to hear the voices of Indigenous young people, young people from different cultural and language backgrounds, young parents, young people from rural and remote areas, young people of diverse sexualities and genders, and young people who have been homeless.
What is the headspace Nowra Youth Reference Group?
headspace Nowra provides young people with the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth mental health and related issues through the Youth Reference Group (YRG).
There are a number of roles you can play in the YRG, including:
· Planning and organising special events
· Helping us to make our centre responsive to young people’s needs
· Giving feedback about local youth and health services
· Fundraising for headspace Nowra
· Presentations and activities with high schools, TAFE and UOW
· Accessing training and development opportunities
· Media promotions and interviews and publicity
· Sharing your experiences and encouraging early help seeking.
By getting involved you will:
· Have the opportunity to have your say on local services
· Develop new skills
· Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
· Make a difference to youth mental health in your community.
The Youth Reference Group meets fortnightly (during school terms) on a Wednesday afternoon at headspace Nowra, and also provides regular feedback and input through an online forum.
If you have any other questions or wish to apply please contact Kaitlyn on 44215388 or email email@example.com
For more information contact:
Name: Lincoln Smith
Phone: 4446 7300
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. A Working with Children Check (or State/Territory equivalent) is required for this position.
headspace is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.