headspace Greensborough & headspace Plenty Valley are hiring Allied Health Practitioners
Clinical Psychologist/Psychiatrist, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists
headspace is Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social well being and economic participation of young Australian aged 12-25 years. To this end, headspace aims to be the focal point for youth mental health issues across the country.
headspace Greensborough and headspace Plenty Valley are looking for highly motivated, youth orientated Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists who are experienced in providing high quality services to young people.
Working as a Private Practitioner at either headspace Greensborough or headspace Plenty Valley provides you with an opportunity to work within a dynamic, innovative multidisciplinary environment to provide early intervention and treatment for mental health and related issues in young people aged 12-25 years of age and establish a fulfilling and rewarding practice in partnership with headspace. Our Private Practitioners complete work in assessment, treatment planning, psychological treatment and referral, and are highly valued members of our team.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours, including after-hours;
- Choice of location, Greensborough or Mill Park;
- Opportunity to work with and gain support from a multidisciplinary team (including Psychiatrists, General Practitioners, Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Sexual Health Services, and a Drug and Alcohol Addiction Specialist);
- Ongoing Medicare funded referrals of young people who have been assessed and are ready to receive services;
- Full administrative support and consulting space which includes reception, billing, appointment confirmations, SMS reminders and all room bookings are taken care of for you.
- Access to the electronic medical records database with comprehensive training provided.
Successful applicants should
- Must be a fully registered Psychologist with AHPRA, hold Accredited Mental Health Social Worker Status with AASW or hold Better Access Endorsement with Occupational Therapy Australia;
- Eligible to provide services under Medicare and be willing to bulk bill;
- Have or be willing to obtain your own ABN;
- Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Be willing to undertake a Working with Children Check and/or NDIS Worker Screening and a separate Criminal History check;
- Have demonstrated experience providing services to young people aged 12-25 years of age;
- Be willing to undertake modest administrative support costs which include room rental as part of the contractual agreement.
If you are ready to join a fantastic multidisciplinary team and really make a difference to the lives of Young People, apply now!
Interested applicants should submit their applications to email@example.com
- Your contact details, including mobile phone
- A brief cover letter and CV, outlining any experience working with young people and their families, and your eligibility to provide psychological services under Medicare
- Names and contact details of two referees
For more information contact:
Name: Kelly Bougioukos
Phone: (03) 9433 7200