Youth Reference Group Now Recruiting!
headspace Ashfield is now recruiting and looking for young people aged 16-25 to join our Youth Reference Group!
If you are passionate about improving mental health in our community, and you are committed and ready to share your passion and positive energy with other young people in the area, then read on and apply below! Hurry - applications close 14 February 2020!
What is the headspace Local Youth Reference Group?
headspace is providing young people with the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth mental health and alcohol and other drug issues. There are a number of roles you can play in a headspace local reference group, including:
- Leading a project in your local area
- Website consultation and development
- Research and evaluation of headspace services
- Consultation around resource development such as, factsheets, brochures, radio ads etc
- Peer support and mentoring
- Media Spokesperson
By getting involved you will:
- Have the opportunity to have your say and direct youth mental health services in Australia
- Develop new skills
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- Make a difference to youth mental health
headspace will provide some training to support you to participate in the above groups or activities
What’s the time commitment?
The appointment of YRG Members is 12 months. There will be monthly meetings organised at a time that suits you.
In between meetings and events, contact will be maintained through Facebook, email, online forums and teleconferences. There will be an expectation that you participate regularly in these discussions. It will also be expected that you take part in focus groups and project work related to your areas of interest.
This is a volunteer role and although you will be paid for some of the events, it is expected that you will also volunteer your time for subcommittees, projects and other events.
If you're keen to make a difference in your community and in the lives of young people, complete the online form now!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Lexi Carroll on 02 9193 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org