COVID-19 Centre Update
We are very much looking forward to opening our headspace centre and returning in-person. We know you feel the same way! Thank you for how you have worked with us since early 2020 to change your supports to telehealth (telephone and online).
We understand opening our sites safely is important to you. We’ve listened to your feedback and have prepared our COVID Safe plan to keep everyone safe. We may need to adjust our approach if infection rates increase or based on government advice/roadmaps, and we appreciate your cooperation during this time.
With vaccination rates getting so high, we have carefully made the decision to commence re-opening our centres using a COVID Safe plan. The plan takes into consideration the community vaccination rates and the NSW Government’s roadmap for gradually reopening businesses at 70% and 80% of the community being doubly vaccinated.
Just like before we moved to online services, we will continue to maintain a high standard of cleaning and hygiene practices at our centre such as hand-washing, physical distancing and wearing masks.
Once we re-open then on entry to our headspace centre, there will be temperature checks and a number of health questions for you to answer. The questions will include: “Have you felt unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms?” and “Have you been around anyone with any cold or flu like symptoms?” If the answer is Yes to either, we will ask people to please stay home or go home and speak to their doctor. We will continue to provide them with telehealth support services.
Here is an outline of our COVID Safe plan:
- Before accessing the centre everyone must answer the health screening questions and check their temperature.
- Face masks will be required for all everyone.
- Physical distancing will continue.
- At 80% full vaccination in the community, we will open our sites for doubly vaccinated staff and people we support. With your consent, we will ask you if you are fully vaccinated, so we can do our best to keep you safe.
- Before and after we reach 80% fully vaccinated in the community, we will continue to offer telehealth appointments.
We recognise being doubly vaccinated is a new condition of attending the centre. However, we are doing this to keep you and everyone we support as safe as possible.
Our commitment is to continue deliver COVID-safe services to you. Thank you for helping us to do that.
Please contact headspace Bankstown on 9393 9669 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to discuss your supports, or if you need additional support.