We're a place where young people who are going through a tough time can get support.
We provide a safe and confidential environment for young people to access services across four areas:
- physical health
- mental health
- alcohol and other drugs support
- work and study assistance
We bulk bill all appointments - which means that there will be no out of pocket costs to you. All you need to do is bring your medicare card along with you. If you don't have a medicare card, don't panic. Simply have a conversation with the worker who takes your referral and they will discuss some options with you. Additionally, our centre is wheelchair friendly, with disabled parking available to cater for every young person's needs.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Batemans Bay is operated by Relationships Australia Canberra & Region. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, South Eastern NSW Primary Health Network.
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Get tips on how to prepare your resume and present for interviews. Find out about local employment opportunities (full time, part-time, or casual).
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Batemans Bay
headspace Batemans Bay is looking for youth oriented private practitioners to work with young people aged 12-25 years and their families. You will work with a multidisciplinary team to provide early intervention and treatment for mental health issues. As a contracted practitioner you will receive referrals from the headspace team and we will provide full administration support for you. You will be making a major contribution to improving the mental health and wellbeing of young people and will be part of a very supportive team of clinicians and professionals.
What we can offer:
- Flexible working hours and conditions (e.g onsite or from home, delivering in person and/or telehealth services)
- Access to on-going referrals of young people who have been assessed and are ready to receive services under Better Access
- The opportunity to be part of a well-established, multi-disciplinary team delivering evidence based, early intervention services for a variety of presenting problems
- Full administration support including reception, billings and appointment bookings
- Fully computerised software with IT support
- The opportunity to work within our specialist Eating Disorders model providing CBT-E or FBT
- Access to care co-ordination along with regular multi-disciplinary case reviews
- Paid attendance at staff meetings and multi-disciplinary case reviews
- Access to free clinical supervision – individual and group
- Access to headspace online learning via Ourspace
- Access to free organisation wide training
What we need from you:
- A desire to work with young people
- Full AHPRA registration (General or Clinical) or registration with AASW as an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW)
- Eligibility to provide services under Medicare and be willing to Bulk Bill
- High level clinical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Available at least 1 day a week
- An ABN
- Personal Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working with Children Check
- Federal Police Check
If you are interested in being part of a team where you feel valued, challenged and know that you are making a difference in the lives of young people, then we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume.
Clinical Leader, headspace Batemans Bay
Manager, headspace Batemans Bay
For more information contact:
Name: headspace Batemans Bay
Phone: 1800 718 383
A young person can self refer if they are over the age of 14 years old, or by a parent if they are between the age of 12-14 years old.
Community members, organisations, GP's, schools etc. can also refer a young person with their consent.
To put in a referral please fill in the below referral form.
If you have any questions or require more information call the centre at 1800 718 383.