Success Coaching - What a Success!
FocusOne Health through the headspace Berri program developed a program called ‘Success Coaching’ and implemented a training, development and work experience package designed to provide personal enrichment, skill development, professional mentoring, learning and work experience for an identified young person residing in the Riverland.
Success Coaching supported 6 Individuals to identify, map and understand their training, development and work experience needs. The facilitator worked with the individuals, FocusOne Health’s and headspace Berri’s multi-disciplinary teams and programs, external services and a wide range of other stakeholders; to design, foster and mobilise the Individual’s success plan.
4 sessions were facilitated to these participants who received training in:
• Customer service
• Barista Basics
• Hygiene and Safe Food Handling
• Basic Life Support
• Responsible Service of Alcohol
Additionally, all participants were supported to obtain a National Police Clearance and guest speakers from Berri TAFE and FocusOne Health attended sessions to educate students about their support services.
All of these qualifications were included on the students’ resumes.
As a result of the program:
• One student went back to study at the Berri TAFE to complete his certificate in welding
• One student made an appointment with Berri TAFE for further study opportunity options, and
• One student gained employment in the hospitality industry