Want to join the headspace Chatswood Youth Advisory Group?
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
We are looking for young people aged between 16 and 25 and have experienced one or more of the following:
- you have had your own experiences of feeling depressed, anxious or another mental health issue
- you have a friend or family member who has/or had a mental illness or drug addiction,
- you feel passionate about and are interested in mental health issues,
- The group is also keen to hear the voices of Indigenous young people, young people from different cultural backgrounds, young people from rural and remote areas, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender young people and young people who have been homeless.
The youth advisory group provides young people with the opportunity to be heard and be active around youth mental health and alcohol and other drug issues. There are a number of roles you can play in a headspace Chatswood youth advisory group, including:
- Leading a project in your local area
- Website consultation and development
- Research and evaluation of headspace services
- Consultation around resource development such as, factsheets, brochures, radio ads etc
- Peer support and mentoring
By getting involved you will:
- Can have your say and direct youth mental health services in Australia
- Develop new skills
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth mental health
- Make a difference to youth mental health
headspace will provide some training to support you to participate in the above groups or activities.
How do I get involved? Complete the following application: