Our friendly staff at headspace Nundah can assist young people aged 12 to 25 years with mental health, general health, drug, alcohol, education and employment issues. Counselling and GP services are bulk-billed with a current Medicare card and valid Mental Health Treatment Plan.
Our staff include Clinical Psychologists, Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers, Mental Health Occupational Therapists and a part-time GP. We also have a wide range of in-kind support available, check out our tabs below for more information.
While we do accept walk-in appointments we prefer young people and referrers call our reception staff on (07) 3370 3900 to book an initial appointment.
headspace Nundah provides wheel chair access throughout the centre including the toilets. A ramp to enter the building can be found to the left of the front door.
headspace Nundah is accessible by public transport with the Nundah Train Station only a short walk away. Please check out the Translink website to plan your journey to our centre - https://translink.com.au/ .
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Nundah is operated by Aftercare. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Brisbane North (Partners 4 Health Ltd).
Nutrition screening, dietary assessment and education about food and lifestyle, also support around healthy eating strategies.
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Work and Study Support
Get tips on how to prepare your resume and present for interviews. Find out about local employment opportunities (full time, part-time, or casual).
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Nundah
General Practitioner, Part-time/Sessional
Employer: Work at headspace Nundah Aftercare
Are you interested in:
- Improving lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Providing full range of health services, including physical and mental health assessments
- Being a part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team
- Developing increased skills in working with young people
If it's yes to the above, and if you want to be part of a fantastic culture creating change in young people's lives then this role is for you...
About the role...
headspace is seeking General Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people 12-25 years of age living with mental ill-health.
As a General Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
As part of Aftercare's headspace team you will:
- Provide high standard GP assessments of persons experiencing physical and mental health issues.
- Liaise and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create Mental Health Care Plans for internal referrals, Psychiatrist and Allied Health Services.
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to those accessing headspace Nundah.
- Respond to medical/health concerns presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Encourage and support young people to engage with sexual health and drug and alcohol services as well as preventative health care.
- Have access to Clinical Supervision from the Clinical Team Leader
- Be well supported by our administration team
The Right Fit...
The successful candidate will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, and Medicare Australia.
- Liaising and working with internal and external stakeholders
- Level 1 in Mental Health Skills Training
Founded in 1907, Aftercare is the longest serving national mental health charity. We provide wide range of services supporting people's journeys to social and emotional wellbeing.
Aftercare is a values-driven organisation. Our people are passionate about their work. Our culture is professional, fun, friendly, rewarding and collaborative. We have over 500 staff in 40 locations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
To apply email headspace.Nundah@aftercare.com.au outlining your suitability for the available role and attach a copy of your CV. Contact Keri Walsh on 0432 707 238 if you would like to discuss the role further.
Mental Health Clinician – Psychologist / Occupational Therapist / Social Worker, Part-time/Sessional & Full-time
Employer: Work at headspace Nundah Aftercare
Mental Health Clinician – Psychologist / Occupational Therapist / Social Worker
Time for a change? Passionate about working with young people?
- Improving the lives of young people as part of an interesting and innovative team
- Working in a supportive and inclusive environment with a positive team culture
- Further developing your therapeutic skills in working with young people
- Flexibility – 1-5 days work per week is available
If it’s yes to the above, then this role is for you...
About the role...
headspace Nundah is seeking Private Practitioners, to join our multidisciplinary team supporting people aged 12-25 years with mental ill-health.
As a Private Practitioner your income will be derived directly from Medicare Billings so you will need to be eligible to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme (MBS - Better Access).
All you need is:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Be eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider Number
- Hold one of the following qualifications: Clinical Psychologist, General Psychologist, Mental health Accredited Social Worker or Mental Health Occupational Therapists.
- Possess experience providing therapeutic interventions to young people aged between 12-25 years, experience working in private practice is highly desirable
- A passion to make a difference in the lives of young people!
What we can offer you
As a team member within headspace Nundah you will have access to:
- A welcoming youth friendly consult room
- A caseload of 12-25 year olds who have already completed a psychosocial assessment
- Excellent clinical support from the intake team and Clinical Team Leader
- Excellent Administrative support – our admin team book all your appointments, and complete all scheduling and billing
- Access to Clinical Education offered within the headspace Aftercare centres
- Access to funded professional development opportunities
- A positive and supportive team environment
To apply please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability to headspace.Nundah@aftercare.com.au or contact us if you would like any further information on 3370 3900.
How to Make an Appointment
We understand that asking for help when you're not feeling yourself can sometimes be difficult or uncomfortable. Because of this, we have made our referral process as easy as possible.
If you are 12-25
- You can refer yourself
- You can have a family member or friend refer you (with your consent)
- Your GP can refer you
- Your school, TAFE, University or other service providers can refer you or assist you in making an appointment
If you are under 16 years of age, we encourage you to bring along a parent, care giver or support person for your first appointment.
To make an appointment
You can call us on (07) 3370 3900
You can email us at email@example.com
You can drop in and see us at 1264 Sandgate Rd, Nundah QLD 4012.
Please be aware that our phone and email accounts are only checked during our opening hours. If you require immediate support, please contact:
- eheadspace on 1800 650 890 or click here
- Kids Helpline on 18100 551 800
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Emergency Services on 000
At headspace Nundah we take your privacy very seriously and anything shared with us is confidential. We keep all your information on a secure database which is only available to headspace Nundah staff. The law stops us from sharing your information outside these people unless we have your permission. Sometimes you do not want us to share your information and we respect that, however there may be times when we need to talk to someone without your permission, such as; if you or someone else is at significant risk of harm or if the law requires us to do so.
Services are free, with 10 appointments bulk billed per year covered by Medicare when you have a Mental Health Treatment Plan.
You don’t need to have a Mental Health Treatment Plan before contacting headspace and coming in for your first appointment. This can be arranged for you with one of our GP’s or your own, after you attend.
Bulk Billing is where headspace, instead of charging you, can bill Medicare (or the Australian government) for the health services that you receive.
For Service Providers (Including GP's and Government Departments)
If you are a service provider, GP or Government Department, please complete the referral form below and return to headspace Nundah by email, fax or post. If the young person has a Mental Health Treatment Plan in place please provide a copy of this with the referral form.
We do require all GP's and external referrers to fill in our referral form to make sure that the young people you are referring is suitable for service at headspace Nundah.
Please note we are an early intervention service; our Clinical Team Leader will assess all incoming referrals and we will contact you shortly after to let you know whether the young person has been accepted into service.
Our fax number is (07) 3370 3999
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postal address is PO Box 263, Nundah QLD 4012
No Medicare Card?
To access headspace Nundah's services for free all you need to have is a valid Medicare card.
If you don't have a Medicare card but think you might be eligible, you can apply on the Human Services page - https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card.
If you are ineligible to apply for a Medicare card, give us a call and we will direct you to alternative appropriate services for you, such as our fee-for-service options which range in price.
headspace Nundah staff are dedicated health professionals who are passionate about working with young people and supporting you in a safe, friendly, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
Regional Services Manager - Ash
Clinical Services Manager - Vanessa
Operations Manager - Johanna
Clinical Team Leader - Katie
Senior Intake Clinician - Canice
Intake Clinician - Sarah
Intake Clinician - Emily
Community Engagement Coordinator - Kris
Senior Medical Receptionist (Tuesday to Friday) - Sally
Medical Receptionist - Jamie
Medical Receptionist (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday) - Amy
Private Practitioners/Clinical Support:
Psychologist - Sam
Psychologist - Kurt
Clinical Psychologist - Carolyn
Clinical Psychologist - Elise
Dietitian - Copeland
Other services provided by:
Noffs (Alcohol and Other Drug Social Worker) - Kalela
MIFQ New Access Coach - Tabitha
Centrelink - Kimberley & Luke
Help Enterprises (Vocational Worker) - Marc
Youth Reference Group
The Youth Reference Group is made up of a diverse group of young volunteers aged 16-25 years, who help support and guide the centre on key components of youth mental heath service delivery and community awareness initiatives both within the Centre and the broader community.
The role of the YRG is varied and members are offered a range of opportunities to contribute to our centre and their community including; reviewing decisions regarding the day to day running of the centre, helping plan youth events and representing headspace Nundah at events or in the media.
Events & Community Engagement
Any upcoming events will be advertised online on our Facebook and Instagram, and our website will be updated here with a timetable.
All activities are free unless otherwise noted and will be run by our friendly team.
If you would like resources to distribute to young people aged 12-25 please email email@example.com.
For all enquiries regarding presentations and community engagement activities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - attention Johanna - Community Engagement Coordinator. Please be advised that 2-3 weeks notice for presentations and events is appreciated.