2021 Youth Reference Group- applications closed!
Applications for the 2021 headspace Port Macquarie Youth Reference Group are now closed!
If you want more information about this wonderful opportunity to become a youth mental health advocate then read on..
headspace's Youth Reference Group - Port Macquarie
headspace is the flagship youth mental health service in Port Macquarie, and is currently looking for young people to join their Youth Reference Group (YRG) in 2021.
The group is tasked with providing knowledge and experience to headspace clinical and engagement teams so they can provide current and up to date support to young people in the community. In addition YRG members are involved in youth projects and given multiple opportunities for training and development.
“I have loved going to all the different events and I think it has really made a difference to young people in the community.”
“I have been on the group for this year and I think it has been a great way to give back after using the services as well an opportunity for me to learn,”
“Having only moved to town a few years ago it was a great way to meet people and feel connected to Port Macquarie"
Want to know more?
As a YRG member there are many benefits, experiences and opportunities for personal development. Such as:
- Meet and work with other young people who are passionate about youth health
- Gain experience and references for your resume
- Training in youth advocacy, and other development opportunities
- Assisting on selection panels for headspace staff recruitment
- Leading projects/events in our local area
- Attending local community events including music festivals
- Website and social media consultation and development
- Resource development such as brochures, presentations, posters
- Peer support and mentoring
- Media Spokesperson
So, How do you get involved?
It’s easy, complete this application form & email it to
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it into our office located at 10-12 Short Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Have any Questions?
Get in touch with Jules during business hours Tues, Wed, Thursday at: email@example.com or
Ph: 6588 7309 Mobile: 0414 622 934