'King of the Hill' Skate Park Series 2018
The King of the Hill Skate Park Series is a collaborative project between headspace Armadale, City of Gosnells, City of Canning, City of Belmont and City of Armadale.
Its series of skate and scooter competitions to give young people a chance to demonstrate their skills and compete for over $10 000 in cash and prizes. The first 4 events will be qualifiers in order to gain entry for the final at Roleystone Skate Park on the 24 March 2018.
Qualifiers (5pm - 9pm):
- 24 February - Gosnells Skate Park, 87 Ashburton Dr, Gosnells
- 03 March - Roleystone Skate Park, Jarrah Road, Roleystone
- 10 March - Willetton Skate Park, Burrendah Ave, Willetton
- 17 March - Belmont Skate Park, Cnr Abernethy & Alexander Rd, Belmont
Final (5pm - 9pm):
- 24 March Roleystone Skate Park, Jarrah Road, Roleystone
Click here to download the registration form. These forms will also be available to fill out and register on the day ( Under 18 will need parental permission)
All participants of the competition must agree to follow the rules and guidelines:
1. Helmets are mandatory to compete
2. Skate Park users are not to be in the park until permitted by the competition staff. There will be a designated times to register, warm up, compete and free skate.
3. Skate Park users are to be respectful of other participants, staff and volunteers at the event.
4. Skate Park users are responsible for their own items and are not permitted to take, use or borrow any equipment that is not their own.
5. Skate Park Users must complete the registration and sign the waiver in order to compete.
6. Competition entrants agree all judges’ decisions are final.
7. Participants judged on the amount of tricks they perform on the park in an allotted timeframe. Tricks will be judged on difficulty, park usage, speed and style. Score will be collated across 3 judges to create a final score.
8. The top 6 scoring competitors from each qualifying event will qualify for the final at Roleystone Skate Park on the 24/3/18. Competitors may enter multiple qualifiers, if a competitor has already qualified for the final the next placed competitor will then qualify.
9. This is a drug, alcohol and smoke free event.
10. Minimum age for participants is 8 years old.
11. Registration forms are to be filled out correctly and brought on the day of the event.
**Any violation of the rules can result in immediate dismissal from the competition
Click here to visit the Facebook event page for more info
“All participants of the competition must agree to follow the rules and guidelines”