If you're aged between 12 and 25, you can get free or low cost health advice, support and information from headspace Inala.
You can come to headspace Inala to talk to someone if you're having a tough time. We're here to help you find a way to deal with what you're going through and improve your situation. You can get in contact with us yourself or ask someone to contact us on your behalf. You may also bring someone with you to an appointment.
We have an experienced team who are here for you. You’ll have the opportunity to access general health, mental health, drug and alcohol services and vocational support. We know that getting help early makes a big difference to how quickly and how well you can get your life back on track.
We have a no wrong door policy so if you don't fit our service criteria or we are not the best service for you, we will help you access a service that will meet your needs.
If talking face to face or transport is an issue, eheadspace offers support via online or telephone services at https://www.eheadspace.org.au/ or 1800 650 890.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Inala is operated by Accoras. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Brisbane South (Brisbane South PHN).
Mental Health Services
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Alcohol & Drug Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
Youth Reference Group
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Work & Study Services
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Inala
Clinical and General Psychologists, Part-time/Sessional
Deadline: 14/06/2019 12:00am
Clinical and General Psychologists
- Opportunity to practice within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment
- Full administration, customer service, marketing and billing support provided
- Work with young people eager to access therapy and support
We are seeking youth-friendly psychologists who believe in early intervention to deliver psychological support to young people (12-25 years).
Do you believe mental health is a human right? Do you believe in flexible and person-centered practice? Are you kind? Then we want to hear from you. We are seeking youth-friendly psychologists who believe in early intervention to deliver psychological support to young people (12-25 years) across a wide range of presentations.
We are offering the opportunity to practice in a supportive multi-disciplinary environment, where knowledge is pooled and risk is shared. We manage all administrative tasks and provide all referrals – no marketing work required. Our premises are new and very well maintained. There are on-site professional development opportunities and plenty of opportunities for collaboration with peers.
We have a waiting list of young people eager to engage for support and new practitioners can expect to be fully booked quite quickly upon commencement.
Who we are:
headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing and economic participation of young people.
headspace Inala is an established and well regarded service, where young people are welcome to access free services, provided by our multi-disciplinary team. Young people have access to primary health services, mental health services, drug and alcohol services, vocation and education services and youth engagement activities. We operate within a paperless environment, utilising electronic record keeping and filing systems to ensure consistent share care for clients across our services.
Who we are looking for:
Psychologists who are fully registered, youth-friendly, and are able to work two or more days per week. Engaged as an Independent Contractor, your remuneration is 80% of the relevant Medicare item fee per billed session, which includes superannuation.
Additionally, you will:
- Know how to engage with and treat young people with an emerging or established mental illness, including those from high risk groups, though the provision of evidence-based psychological and social interventions with a session limited model
- Be currently receiving professional supervision / taking part in peer consultation
- Have an understanding of and ability to comply with Medicare referral, record keeping and reporting requirements
- Have the ability to adhere to headspace electronic data collection systems, and all policies and procedures
What we offer:
- Ongoing Medicare-funded referrals sourced from our established team
- Opportunities to work with and gain support from a multi-disciplinary team, including clinical and general psychologists, occupational therapists, and alcohol and other drug counsellors
- Opportunities for peer support through regular clinical review meetings
- Full administration support, including referral processing, diary management and appointment confirmations
- Opportunities to access a wide range of free professional development activities within our existing training framework
- Flexibility with hours and days worked
Applicants must be:
- Fully (not provisionally) registered as a General or Clinical Psychologist;
- Prepared to see at least six clients per day;
- Eligible to obtain a Medicare Provider Number, and compliant with all Medicare referral and record keeping requirements;
- Insured for professional indemnity and public liability and have an ABN (or eligible to obtain all of these); and
- An excellent communicator, with strong computer skills.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tim Guest, Centre Manager headspace Inala at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 14 June 2019.
For more information contact:
Name: headspace Inala (Lead Agency - Accoras)
Phone: (07) 3727 5000
Centre Manager Tim
Tim looks after the centre and the staff. He is the best person to talk to if you have any concerns or ideas- even if you need to make a complaint. Don't be afraid to say hi when you see him!
Intake/Community Development Team Joel (Clinical Lead), Sam (Intake Case Coordinator/Community Development), Kira (Intake Case Coordinator/Community Development)
They are the people who you will sit down with and have a chat about what is going on in your life. They can help you set goals and figure out what kind of help you might need. Jen, Joel, Kira and Sam also run groups, can provide short-term supportive counselling and can help with alcohol and other drug issues.
Alcohol and Other Drug Support Mel
Mel from Noffs QLD helps young people at our centre who want help for their alcohol or other drug use. If you would like information or support to cut down or stop your alcohol or other drug use, ask one of our Living Well Team members for an appointment with Mel.
Admin and Reception Kylie & Chelsea
Kylie (Practice Manager) and Chelsea (Administration Officer) are the first faces you will see when you come into our centre. They are friendly and can chat with you about the services and programs we offer. They can set up appointments and help you with the information we collect when you come in for your appointments.
Psychologists Pam, Courtney & Vivian
Our Psychologists are experts in thoughts, feelings and behaviours. They will help you to take action and work towards your goals. They can help you achieve a healthy headspace and deal with problems and tough feelings.
Vocational Specialists Ken & Corey
Ken and Kevin support young people aged 15-25 years to get into suitable employment while looking out for their mental health. If you would like to find out about Individual Placement Support at headspace Inala contact us today!
Sexual Health Dr Jill
Our sexual health doctor from True is hear to provide youth friendly assistance around any sexual health concerns you may have.
GP Dr Camilla
Our doctor is specially trained to work with young people. Dr Camilla will take the time to get to know you and develop a plan with you to address your physical and mental health needs.
Consortium Partners at headspace Inala:
PCYC Inala, Inala Youth Service, Youth Housing and Reintegration Service (Wesley Mission QLD), Relationships Australia Queensland, Noffs QLD, Zig Zag, and Cr Charles Strunk (Forest Lake Ward).
To talk to any of us, or to make an appointment, please call 07 3727 5000, email email@example.com or visit the centre.
How to make an appointment
We understand that asking for help when you're not feeling yourself can sometimes be difficult or uncomfortable. Because of this, we have made our referral process as easy as possible.
If you are aged 12-25:
- You can refer yourself
- You can have a family member or friend refer you (with your consent)
- Your GP can refer you
- Your school, TAFE, University or other service providers can refer you or assist you in making an appointment
If you are under 16 years of age, we encourage you to bring along a parent, carer or support person for your first appointment.
To make an appointment:
- You can call us on 07 3727 5000
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can drop in and see us at 37 Swallow Street, Inala
Please note that our phone and email are only monitored during business hours. If you require urgent or after hours help please call KidsHelpLine 1800 55 1800, Lifeline 13 11 14 or visit eheadspace.com.au.
At headspace Inala we take your privacy very seriously and anything shared with us is confidential. We keep all your information on a secure database which is only accessible by headspace Inala staff. The law stops us from sharing your information outside of our staff unless we have your permission. Sometimes you do not want us to share your information and we respect that, however there may be times when we need to talk to someone without your permission, including if you or someone else is at significant risk of harm or if the information required by law.
If you are a service provider, school or Government Department wishing to refer a young person, please complete the referral form and return to headspace Inala by email, fax or post. If the young person has a Mental Health Treatment Plan in place please provide a copy of this with the referral form.
Fax: 07 3279 8444 Email: email@example.com Postal address: PO Box 227, Inala, QLD 4077
headspace Inala aims to provide easy access to services for young people at little or no cost and in most cases your headspace visit will be provided free of charge, however there are some circumstances that may result in fees. Where fees apply, you will be advised in advance and payment options will be discussed.
|Alcohol and other drug support||Free|
|Youth Employment Support (YES)||Free|
|GP (Doctor)||Free with Medicare Card|
|Psychology||Free for up to 10 sessions per calendar year with Medicare Card, referral letter and Mental Health Care Treatment Plan*|
*A Mental Health Treatment Plan and referral letter are provided by your doctor detailing why you need psychological help.
If you don’t have a Medicare Card you may access sessions by paying fees aligned to the Medicare Benefits Schedule. Fees may be partly reimbursed if you have private health insurance. Please contact the Centre for more information about fees.
If you don't have a Medicare card but think you might be eligible, you can apply on the Human Services page at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/medicare/medicare-card
Parking, accessibility and transport options
- Free on-site parking available
- Located inside PCYC Inala building (enter via main entry and see headspace Inala sign to the left)
- Accessibility ramp is provided to the Centre’s main entry
- Interpreters available upon request
Public transport is available via numerous train and bus services.
- We are just a block away from the Inala Plaza and near lots of bus routes including the 100, 110 and 122
- We are also about 3km from the Richlands Train Station which has a connecting bus to the Inala Plaza
For the most up to date train and bus routes and schedules, please visit the Translink Journey Planner.
Youth Advisory Group
Are you passionate about helping young people and making a difference in your local community?
Are you between 12 and 25 years old?
Join our Youth Advisory Group!
We believe that youth participation is the key to delivering the best services for young people. We also aim to provide young people with meaningful opportunities to participate and collaborate with our centre and local community.
Young people involved with the headspace Inala Youth Advisory Group will have the opportunity to be involved in a number of ways, including (but not limited to):
- Encouraging the voice of young people to be heard and acted upon
- Becoming a community spokespeople for youth mental health and wellbeing
- Providing input on centre design and accessibility
- Planning and attending local events and promoting headspace Inala services
- Website and social media consultation and development
- Research and evaluation of headspace Inala services and programs
- Consultation around resource development like factsheets, brochures and promotional materials
- Mentoring and leadership
If you'd like to:
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Share ideas and feedback
- Gain professional experience
- Represent headspace Inala and young people in your community
For more information or to join the Youth Advisory Group, contact our Community Development Coordinator, Amy, on (07) 3727 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.